YCEO Photo Competition
What do you imagine when you think about York’s environment?
Take a photo displaying an aspect of York’s environment. This could be a positive image such as a historical building or a negative image such as an overflowing waste bin. It could demonstrate the cultural, natural or built environment of the city or be related to the heritage of the city.
- Three age categories will be judged: 4-10 years; 11-17 years; and 18-22 years.
- You can only enter a single photograph, so choose wisely!
- When you email the photo to us, please provide your full name and age and include a brief description of why you took the photograph, what it shows and when and where it was taken (including the first part of the postcode for geolocation).
- A shortlist in each category will be selected by staff from the University of York.
- If photographing people, make sure you have their permission or that they are not recognisable.
- The three winners in each category will receive either a book token or an amazon voucher as a prize (worth £100, £50 and £25 for 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes, respectively). Shortlisted photos will be displayed at the Ron Cooke Hub at a special event on the 25th May, 2017.
To enter, please email suitably high resolution digital images (300 dpi; jpg file format only) to YCEOPhotoComp@gmail.com
The closing date is 12th May 2017, and the judges’ decision is final.
If you have any queries, please contact the YCEO team at YCEOPhotoComp@gmail.com.
You can also have a look at our poster: Competition Poster